What Tube preamp for NADC370 ? please

Hi,I am interested in a tube Preamp for pairing with my NADC370,hoping for a sonic upgrade. My first choice is MusicalFidelity-X-PRE;yet this one is discontinued and I have no way of finding it to buy.Does anybody have any idea as to other brand of tube preamp(around 700$)that would sonically nice-matched with NADC370? I am using NoeTjoeb4000CDP;Analysis plus Oval 9 spkr cable;TruthLink IC.(Harmonic Tech). Your opinion and suggestion is highly appreciated and thanks a lot.
Simon
simonleemd

Showing 1 response by chelillingworth

If you want to warm up the sound and roll off the Highs then the X-pre will work for you.
The thing about the integrated that both the pre and amp sections a well matched in terms of quality. If you want to use the 370 as a interim power amp as part of a staggered upgrade than that is a good idea. think about something like the Rogue Audio 66 preamp, which is the lowest price high quality tube pre out there at $1199. Otherwise I think you are better of enjoying as it is an outstanding valuefor a high powered integrated. Think about using the cash to upgrade your cd player or speakers.