What tonearms work with denon 103r?

Just received the 103r and it's still breaking in, but wondering how good can it get? I am using the graham 2.2 with some tweeks. It is too early to say but the grado circa $100 before the denon sounded better even though it was grainy. Should I add more mass to the arm? Not at liberty to spend a fortune on the arm just yet.
pedrillo

Showing 3 responses by stringreen

To these ears, (and I've read all the gushing) I think the Denons are worth 200 dollars and nothing more. I think they have poor dynamics, are very limited in bandwidth, have stiff cantilevers, and as such to even get the best it can offer (yawn) you need to have something like an old SME. This cartridge is certainly ok, but is not the pot of gold that so many on this sight seem to think of it.
No Dan_ed, I'm already married. Regarding the Denon..I do have a good phono stage, and wonder why so many cartridges beat the pants off of the Denon. If you listen with open ears, you too will be disappointed in it. There are almost an infinite level of dynamics in real life, but Denons squash them considerably. ..and that's with one of the best phono stages and appropriate arm..just to name one disappointment
Audiofeil - I think you are correct regarding Benz's. I've been futzing with the Ebony LP for months now, changing every parameter and it really falls short. Its not that its bad, only there are better ones - even in the Benz line that are better. Too bad.