what tonearm for sota/shelter 501 ?

I am going to replace my PT-6 arm due to worn bearings. I am considering a new PT-6, or another brand. I am running a Sota Sapphire with a Shelter 501 MC cartridge. Have an EAR Phono stage and BAT VK 60 amp.
I am not looking to spend over $1000.00. I am also not dissatisfied with the PT-6, but I am willing to consider something that might be better.
Thx for your help.
Jim
abc11692650

Showing 2 responses by twl

I am using an Origin Live Silver Tonearm with my Shelter 501, and it is a great match. The OL arm is alot like the Shelter, in that they are both really great values for the money.
I personally think that there is no arm under $1k that can touch it. There aren't really many arms under $3k that can.
Sean, the Shelter 501 weighs 8 grams, and the compliance is 9cu. Shelter cartridges are made in Japan, by Mr.Ozawa, who used to work for Fidelity Research cartridges, back in the golden days of analog. Even in those days, FR was considered an alternative to Koetsu. Now Mr. Ozawa has moved on to form his own cartridge company called Shelter. Of course the other key player, Mr. Ikeda, has his own company too, but is going in other directions.