What to replace an Adcom amp with?

I have an Adcom 5503 that is probably in need of repair or refurbishment.  There is a buzz coming through my left and right channels (not my center) that I have traced back to the 5503 and it is starting to get very hot even while listening at low to moderate levels.  The 5503 powers my front three channels and a 555 II powers my two rear channels.  My speakers are four KEF Reference 201, a 202C as my center channel and a sub.  I have been extremely happy with my two Adcom amps and really enjoy the listening experience.  I listen to music and watch movies on this system.  I listen to a lot of 5.1 music on SACD, DVD-A, and Blu-Ray Audio.  I've thought about just getting a new 5 channel Adcom or find a used 5503 but before I did, I thought I would ask some advice from this forum.  Any thoughts on what amp would be most "Adcom-like" or would give me an improvement in the listening experience?  The KEFs are a little bright so I definitely don't want to get something that would accentuate that.  Again, I would really be interested in everyone's opinion.  Stick with Adcom or change to a different brand altogether?  As far as budget, I would like to keep it at $2-3K if possible and I am not afraid of used equipment at all.  Thanks in advance.  Dave
dm110
I used Adcoms, for a long time. 5500, 5800, 565s and 7500, been 12-15 years ago. Great amps, sound great still
They are OLD.. they will need to be repaired. 3 of the 7 I had needed work, over time. The 55xx run hot, they all run warm to HOT.

Class Ds run cooler and there are some great  prices too.
5 channels for under 3k should be able to do. VTV is one.
Regards 
Check out a used Sunfire Cinema Grand or Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Amplifier, it replace my Adcom 7500 and to my ears, that is a big improvement.
Used Rogue Cronus Magnum II can be had around 1600$.

If you spend around 300$ to get Nos Amperex or Mullard 12 Au7 and ax7, then it will sound very good.

Rogue does not sound like classic tube amp but has good control for bass and more refined treble than Adcom.
If still available, someone was selling a McCormack HT3 at US AudioMart for $800.  It’d sound very good in stock condition, but you could send it to SMcAudio and have Steve upgrade it and have a truly special amp.  Best of luck. 
A sunfire, or McCormack would be a huge improvement!

Ebay has a load of Sunfire amps!, most are good.
if not hit the only sunfire official refurb mna.

www.flannerysvintageaudio.co,

themverynbest!
sent,in my sunfire,600:Sig, said no black or brown on anything, so the amp was pristine!
 Drove to www.soundsclassic.com.  In Rockford.
new screws, bolted transformer flawless, and put a 1.5 inch rubber pad on top of transformer just under top cover!

Was a b stock unit, now it’s an A stocky unit!!!

Flannery replaces all important caps, led light, and anything which is important! I swear by him, he is the only sunfire official supporter!
  My sunfirem600 is good for another 15 years!

Great amp!  Questions.....?
call bill!

he is a genius