What to do with your tax return?

I know doing your taxes is a pain, but I'm ravaged by the tax man all year long so I generally end up with some cash back every year and naturally my scheming twisted mind tries to find a use for it. If I don't get the damned money out of the bank, the wife may decide to redecorate (again). Last year I was busy with work and the kids, took my eye of the ball, and she gutted and replaced the entire kitchen. No thought to include a fine audio system in the kitchen either. I was devastated. No, my return wasn't anywhere near enough. Lesson learned. Past years I've bought amplifiers, speakers, etc..varies depending on what my "perceived need" is at the time and how much of my own money the government is willing to share with me. If you are one of the lucky ones and anticipate a refund this year, do you plan to spend some or all of it on audio gear and/or music? I'll kick this off by pre-spending some of my money (the rest goes to paying off the kitchen). I'm real happy with my system as is, but feel an unnatural need to invest in interconnect and power conditioners. And records, I crave more vinyl. Big, heavy, 180g slabs of vinyl, gotta have it! Happy listening, Jeff
jeffloistarca

Showing 1 response by 3728slingshot

You got it right Kitch!! On my home front, we take the returns and plop them into the IRA. First year was tough .... but now we don't ever plan on using the money until a much later date. I'm saving up for that new plasma beam hologram imersive theatre that will be cutting edge when I retire in thirty years.