what to do with 1000+ CD's, many imports and live concerts

Sadly my cousin passed away recently.   She was a huge Eric Clapton & Bob Dylan CD collector and other assorted Blues, Rock acts.   I've ripped FLAC versions of the few CD's that were of interest to me but I now have a huge collection of what appear to be "Limited Edition", Japanese and European imports, Promo Copies, MFSL, etc piled high in my den.  

Does anyone have any advice as to how best remove the collection from my house quickly?  I also want to make sure I'm not selling a "rare gem" for a $1.  I'm not in the CD selling business and have a day job so it's not feasible for me to list them one by one.  

Are there any particular CD's that I should be looking for in the collection?  Is Audiogon the place to sell a lot such as this or are there more appropriate marketplaces?

bbyer

Showing 1 response by shadorne

Used CD stores will buy it for nothing and then google each CD for prices and then sell those that are rare for massive mark ups - often way more than the original price.

Find some friends and give them away. Don’t feed those rip off used resellers. They are as bad as scalpers are to live music.

We have a local rip off used store called Turn It Up Records & Hi Fi. They bought CBC library and got many demo CD for next to nothing. Many CD say "demo not for sale" and guess what, Turn it Up illegally sells these sometimes for as much as $30 - triple the regular commercial price on a free demo to a radio station.Don’t feed those crooks.