What to do? I want a new amplifier to make my Dynaudio Contours to "sing"

Hi

The story so far ,,,,,,,,

Once upon a  time a man disregarded his partners advice & wanted to dive back into HiFi listening after a long period .. He wanted to purchase something speecial something better than before...  something that made the music more closer to like you were  there live....

something that when you listened it made the hairs on the back of you neck standup

He got some second hand Dynaudio contour 3.4 s  which he loved, but his partner thought he was a fool ...

He then purchased a Cambridge Audio CXN V2streamer/pre amp 

His old amplifier , brought out of retirrement  wasnt really up to it  ....   it died,

& after all the berating about purchaing these ""costly speakers"

& a new streamer /pre amplifier , she said "you're  not going spend more of our hard earned cash $ on this fool hardy exercise

He lameneted & purchased a second hand  budget amp Rotel RB 980... to continue the journey  and keep listening.

Part of her did enjoy the new music

This fool hardy man is looking to upgrade , i was thinking down the  Musical fidelity line

A5 CR  or maybe A5 integrated second hand.. or a new M6 PRX

any advice/ direction/  from other travellers would be most welcomed 

Ive been told these are ineffecent speakers & need ++++ current 

second hand i am looking at a $2000 budget...

I sometimes get the urge to crank it a little loud but hey 

Regards & thanks

the fool

tartara66

It's above your budget but maybe save for an Octave. I heard the line with both the Contours and Confidence and it's a stunning combination.

Great story, @tartara66. Congratulations on the new stereo. You should check out the Rotel RB-1582 MKII. It would make those Dyns come alive and sound great. Good luck with your search.

https://www.rotel.com/product/rb-1582-mkii

Cheers,

Scott

Moon by Simaudio pairs well with Dyaudio products. 

may be above the budget but worth a look. 240 or 340i

@tartara66 

Dynaudio USA distributes the Octave line. Not sure where you’re located but I used  safeandsound in Chicopee MA. They have and sell demos at a reasonable price. The V40se is a great pairing. Either Aaron or Mike will surely guide you we’ll. I’m hoping to get either the contours or confidence series one day. Good Luck to you!