what to buy? so confused.

My current setup includes, B&W802d's B&wHTM2 center, B&w scsm surround, B&w855 sub. Everything is powered through Rotel RB 1090, 1095, rsp 1068. The Rotel amps just are not fitting in. I am considering krell 600x2,-- 403 400x3 that should be enough power for 5.1 /or krell 350mcx mono, another option is classe 5500 200x5 and classe 2200 200x2. only other option is a proceed hpa2 250x2 and proceed 5 channel. some options will allow for 5 channel while some only allow for 7. im not concerned about 7 channel at this moment, I can add that.
I woulr rather not spend over $10,000. but i cold be off a few hundred. what you some of you choose if this was your system?
crytklmass

Showing 3 responses by zephyr24069

I have heard various 800-series B&W's (both 's' and 'd' models) with the Classe 5-channel and 2200 (2-channel) stereo amps you are referring to run with balanced connectors. The amps and speakers sound great together and are tested together from what I have been told by Classe and B&W. They are a very nice match. If you can, also try to hear the CAM-400 mono-blocks which are a large step up. They do pop up on A-gon periodically and would also be an amazing fit for your 802d's if you can stretch your budget. In any case, the 5-channel and 2-channel will not dissappoint you in their frequency response, musicality, imaging, air, mids or treble reproduction. This is also a combination I considered buying at one point based upon what I heard.
I agree with Nreenter; please let us know what you are trying to fix above. I do not know anything about the Denon equipment you reference above. Have you listened to Krell in both CAST and non-CAST configurations? Do you like/know the sound? FWIW, I would not suggest the Krell mono's mixing in with the Classe 5-channel and the SSP800. If you like Krell sound, I'd suggest listening to an all Krell system (both Evolution and previous generation) and be sure you hear it in CAST as well as non-CAST modes so you'll know what it sounds like in a homogeneous as well as heterogeneous system.

Having owned an SSP600 and been VERY happy with it, I'd say you are on a great track with either an SSP600 or its successor the SSP800 and that you should listen to an all-Classe system with your B&W speakers. Specifically, if you want to have mono-blocks on your front L/R channels, I'd recommend the Classe CAM-400 mono-blocks with the 5-channel Classe amp to complete the system. Try listening to that first before mixing in things from other manufacturers.

I'd also suggest widening your search to include other manufacturers so you make an informed decision...again, all offered 'for what it is worth...'. Best of Luck!
The write-up and other details behind the Denon equipment looks promising however my best and only advice is to audition and listen with your speakers, cables, power, etc...in your own listening room. I can describe in more detail (via phone if you like, send me an email) what I heard with Classe, Edge, Rotel, Krell, and several other brands that I've listened to quite a bit over the last few years while I made my system choices but that is not as valuable to you as your own first-hand experience with your own speakers, room, etc....I also agree with Mapman in many respects; you have to look across the whole system and determine what you are trying to achieve sonically and musically. I can tell you one thing about Classe and Edge, namely that their service and customer response are first-rate based upon personal experience.