What speakers under 2000$US for...

...a McIntosh MC2102 amplifier with McIntosh C2300 as its pre-amp ? What I listen to the most is Pop-Rock (U2 etc.) but I also really appreciate Classical & Baroque music, some crooners and Jazz (lady vocals especially).

I've moved abroad and I'm now slowly getting myself some good hifi material again. In the past, I've been very happy with Energy 22 or Kef 104/2 speakers but I'm now looking for more "recent" models (brand new as much as possible) as I don't want to have any restoration to do. Also, even though I like the bass to as perfect as possible, I am more "picky" on highs. I've heard many speakers with very good bass but dull highs so the tweeter part is very important to me.

Basically, I need speakers "for now" and we'll see about a more important investment later.

Any suggestions ?
kingpin31

Showing 1 response by polk432

Linn Majik 140's. I had a pair for about 1 year and used them with SS, and they sounded excellent with tubes. I only sold them to make room for Lipinski L707's. I ran one Linn and one Lipinski at the same time and the Linn was pretty close. I've owened the Katans and Ninkas too. Best of luck.