What speakers to replace Paradigm 100.2? Help

Hello all

I have decided that I want to replace my beloved 100.2 next. I currently have a McIntosh MC7200 and C712 pre with a C333ES player and all MIT cables. I like the big sound a lot - which is why I still have these speakers. Most others I audition don't seem to pull that off. However my new room is small (14x14x8) and the Paradigms, although look ok, are a little too big. I want somewhat smaller speakers that won't leave me feeling like the bass is all gone. I would like better transparency and articulation as well. I would also like better efficiency so that I could have a tube setup in addition to SS down the road.

My current (very) short list:
Coincident Partial Eclipse II
JM Lab Electra 926

I open to most ideas. I want to stay in the $2500 used range. I live in the sticks and don't travel as much as I used to so I have to go on recommendations at this point. I heard the 926 and really liked them but wondered if they would be a little too laid back. Anyway, any ideas? Thank you!

Arthur
aball

Showing 1 response by rbstehno

try a pair of totem speakers. if you are looking for floor standing speakers listen to the forest. if you like a book shelf type of speaker, listen to the totem model 1's or the totem mani 2's. i have a couple pairs of the mani 2's (1 pr for my ht room, another pr for my audio room) and they are a highly regarded speaker for their full range, musical sound. they do need good amplification to perform their best. my audio room is about the size of your room and the mani 2's perform fantastic in there. good luck.