What small HT speakers to buy?

Currently own PSB Image outfit for my home theater system. But I am reconfiguring my video and will be going with plasma in a week or two, will like “matching” speakers that can be mounted on the wall to save space and be more kids friendly.

I am a 2-ch guy with $50k+ invested in my system, so most of the small “satellite” speakers with sub just do not cut it even in home theater application. I don’t expect any small speakers to rival the PSB Image, but they should at least not have a big suck out in lower midrange where most of the music and dialogs are happening. I don’t want to spend over $1000 (with sub) since I rather spend the money on my 2-ch system, but I do want them to be able to play loud to fill a 13x19 room.

Suggestions are appreciated, as I really don’t know much about HT speakers in the mass market.

Thanks,

David
semi

Showing 1 response by limabean683

I have a few options for you to consider. First off, I would like to second the NHTs. If you can spring it the NHT's would be the way to go. They have the best midrange, and a superone is by far a better center channel (where most of your dialogue comes from) To stay within budget, look for some used superones.
The Energy Take 5.2 for the money is one of the best values on the market, however, I would opt for a bigger sub. One of the Energy 10in subs should do the trick. That's a lot of room you've got, and I don't think that an 8in sub would really give you the effect that you want.
Lastly, I would also recommend that you listen to the Defintive Technology Pro Cinema 100 Package. This setup performed well in every area and I was very impressed with the clarity of this system.
Hope that helps.