What slim$1000 speakers will match Bryston B-60 ?

Could someone tell me which floor-standing speakers with small footprint (less than 3.5 ft tall), good midrange, transparent (layer-distinct) and clear musical image and soundstage will be compatible with my Bryston B-60 integrated amplifer well (60W/ch rms). Currently, it is connected to a pair of Athena AS-F2 speakers using Ecosse (Scottish) interconnect and cables. The Athena is physically daughting but with good bass, though it is not so transparent(3D)in the midrange or can produce a good 3D soundstage that will match the Bryston. I play mostly classical (85%) and Jazz (15%) music via an Arcam alpha 8 CD speakers.
vaioy

Showing 2 responses by vaioy

Removing the speaker front grill is absolutely essential for the Athena AS-F2. It is like pulling the curtain open in your room to let in the sunlight.
Thanks for all the suggestions. In a way I have partially solved my earlier problem with regard to the 'nasal' midrange (strong bass response 'invading' miderange) of the Athena AS-F2. When I placed my speakers further away from the back wall to ~ 5', and side wall about 4' in my 15'(W)X30'(L)X8'(H) family room, the midrange becomes clearer and my earlier complain dissipate. Still, the soundstage is not as transparent (layer-rich) as I anticipated (based on my previous experience with a pair of Dynaaudio Audience 8.0, but then the Dynaaudio is almost 3X the price of the Athena). My Athena now is about 6 ' apart and my listening position is about 7 ' away from midline, and with the speakers toed-in at about 20 degree. Any more suggestions will be welcome.