What should my heirs do to dispose of my vinyl and CDs?

I am typing up a document with all details of my system components and cables with approximate values.  No one else in the family knows anything about high end audio.  I suggested they sell the gear at US Audiomart.  What should I suggest they do with the vinyl and digital discs in my reasonably large collection?  I want them to get to others who can enjoy them when I no longer can. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

128x128hifiman5

I had / have the same concern.  I don't want my system or records winding up in a garage sale.  I have a specific 'codicil' added to our last will and testament that spells out what is to be done if no one (in the family) wants our music system and records.  One of those requirements is placing the items on this site for sale or auction, after careful research.  I have verbally warned my 2 daughters, who have no interest, against dumping my stuff as quickly as possible.  This was followed up with a verbal warning that I would come back and haunt them if they did.....time will tell.

Post removed 

I've been sorting through gobs of paperwork lately (life insurance policies and money accounts that I never got around to updating since getting married 31 years ago).

Maybe once this is all straightened out I may think about the HiFi music stuff, but probably not.

Anyway, this story about Bob Hope pretty much sums up my take on life/death.

• According to one of his daughters, when on his death bed, Bob Hope was asked where he would like to be buried. The comedian raised an eyebrow and answered, “Surprise me.”

DeKay

Aliens plan to visit soon to offer immortal life. So just hang on a little longer.

Great news, your omega mats should protect you should things not go as planned.