What should my heirs do to dispose of my vinyl and CDs?

I am typing up a document with all details of my system components and cables with approximate values.  No one else in the family knows anything about high end audio.  I suggested they sell the gear at US Audiomart.  What should I suggest they do with the vinyl and digital discs in my reasonably large collection?  I want them to get to others who can enjoy them when I no longer can. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

128x128hifiman5

OP, you might consider cataloging your collection in Discogs.com It's very satisfying and you can export the data in a spreadsheet. 

I understand your situation in that mine mimics yours.

They want to lay claim to my faster cars and prettier firearms, but no interest in anything in my listening room.

That said, a couple of weeks ago, my sixteen year old daughter asked me if she could listen to the album Rumours. I almost fainted. She is a big K-pop fan. So, maybe there is hope.

I don’t think that there’s any way around the fact that this hobby mostly consist of old men. My father died a few years ago and in the last few years of his life he bought over $100,000 of woodworking equipment. None of us had any interest in woodworking. We ended up having someone come in and buy the whole thing for pennies on the dollar. I suspect that’s what will happen unless you sell it off yourself.

Identify a college that has a major in voice or instruments.  They may also have an orchestra and other performance groups.  Speak to an administrator and share your ideas.  Something good will come of this!

Too all of the old men of this site, take comfort is the words of the great Bob Dylan, "I ain't dead yet, my bell still rings" 🤣

My audio guy has instructions to sell my system and my vinyl collection upon my death. I already have given away most of my CDs… they are nearly worthless, or will be soon. My 2,000 pristine albums… with hundreds of audiophile versions my dealer wants to sell as a set.