What should I choose??

I have the old B&W 802d's.  I also have the older, first generation, Bryston 14bsst amp (now 15 years old). Both of them are performing well and are in mint shape.  My question is this:  I am interested in the new Bryston 14cubed amp...and I am also interested in the new B&W 802D'3.  But I can't afford to do both.  Should I focus on getting the amp first or the speakers?  Please, I don't need to be told to buy amps or speakers other then the ones I am asking about as I am a big fan of my system.  I just know that B&W has reworked their D series and that Bryston has done the same with their amps.  thanks, Jim
pfeiffer

Showing 1 response by larry5729

Never been a fan of B&W's.  Where's the bass.  However, add a pair of REL subwoofers helps to fill in the bass.  I know I keep saying this, but I think the SALK speakers are the best I have heard under $60,000.  Jim Salk is incredibly knowledgeable as well as nice.  Tell him Larry Edwards from Denver sent you.  You will love this guy.  His cabinet build is incredible and he uses the best drivers money will buy.