What settings for a Marantz SA-10?

I've settled on filter one for most CDs. But its a virtual toss up on dither and music shaper options. Who has a keen set of ears and has invested the time to tweak these settings? 
128x128blueranger

Showing 2 responses by jimmy2615

Funny, I found the exact same settings as Phillyb to sound best in my system.  I too have had mine for about 4 months, and break in has been long.  How do I know I hear a difference?  I bought a Lumin T2 at about the same time and have A/B'd them ever since.  When I first got them they were hard to tell apart.  Now the Marantz is ever so smooth, detailed, and has a much different presentation in soundstage compared to the other.  The Lumin is excellent in its own right.  I prefer the Marantz however, especially with DSD/SACD material.  
Yes, I do the majority of my listening that way.  I think that CD format through the marantz is slightly better than streaming but it is very close, hard to tell.  I'm perfectly happy with the Lumin > USB > Marantz using Roon and Tidal.  I enjoy the Lumin streaming the hi-rez MQA formats (labels like 2L are very impressive), and in other standard formats the Lumin offers a little more high end detail perhaps, given the Marantz converts everything to DSD.