What selections do you play when showing off your system to others?

I find that when I'm having someone listen to my system that I usually play the same 4 or 5 selections. I tend to lean towards vocals and acoustic presentations. Mine are as follows:

Hold That Line- Tedeschi Trucks Band

Roadhouse and Automobiles- Chris Jones

The Hunter- Jennifer Warnes

River Blues- Eric Bibb

Flight of the Hippo- Bela Fleck and the Flecktones

It's All in the Game- Merle Haggard

Your Bright Baby Blues- Jackson Browne

What are yours?

128x128thebingster

to name a few: 

John Denver, Rocky Mountain High

S&G, Bridge Over Troubled Water

Fleetwood Mac, Over My Head and I'm So Afraid

George Michael and Elton John duet live: Don't Let The Sun Go Down on Me

Metallica, Wherever I May Roam

Rubenstein, Chopin Nocturnes

@wolf_garcia  "Nobody who doesn't already care about great audio really cares about how cool you think your stereo is. They simply do not give a damn generally, and may say something complimentary to be nice...kind of like "Nice train set," or "Nice tiny doll house furniture collection," or "Stamps...How cool!""

That's a bit of a cynical stance.  

Actually, I've made converts... some people who thought they didn't care, or hadn't ever really thought about it, have really come around very quickly to the concept of excellent stereo once they listened to some music through my system... even casual acquaintances who have attended my poker nights have taken notice and actually asked about my system, and that's just w a Pandora stream playing quietly in the background.  Neophytes ears can indeed be opened.

Some people have never really been aware of what a difference even a relatively modest carefully selected stereo system can make to music enjoyment.  Once they hear it for themselves, they can turn towards it very quickly.  Just today I was mentoring someone who approached me for advice about putting together a good budget system; his interest was piqued by what he had heard casually through my own modest system... 

Take A Walk On The Wild Side. Lou Reed

A Case Of You. Diana Krall

Magnificent Seven. The Clash

These Days. Greg Allman

Oh Well. Sara K

Tired of typing, but I agree with many here that it's best to let your friend pick some of the songs regardless of what I might think about the sonic quality. When they hear an old fave in a new way they tend to get it...

I'm hardly cynical...and it's not a "stance" as I did use the word "generally." I'm simply speaking from many years of reality with this stuff, and yeah they "can" turn towards it and it baffles me that most people just don't...they want giant screen televisions with crystal clear images, phones that do anything, blah blah...but serious audio? Ha. Go to nearly anybody else's house and they're perfectly satisfied with the convenience of being able to yell instructions at a tiny speaker and play bad classic rock in the background all night...drives me nuts. I've had people ask me for advice about what to get for themselves but they rarely follow through as the vast majority do not care. I'm fine with it as it doesn't dampen my fun one bit.

It's fascinating what others listen to. I like to look over people's music collections. Once ear opening electronic music. Vy experimental. Vy weird.

Planets Mehta LA Phil. 1st track Mars they will feel they're being invaded. And it will sound familiar cuz of being used as a soundtrack on many a video.