What’s your vote for the most ridiculous, overpriced, and useless tweak?

My vote: Furutech Outlet Cover 105 NCF $220, with “special crystalline material that has two “active” properties.” https://www.thecableco.com/outlet-cover-105-ncf.html

glow_worm
By the way I also install a new Schumann generator (10 bucks) smaller than the first one with usb powered and with my tweaks(stones+ antenna) that works marvel also I order a third one...My audio system is incredibly better for another times...I know now that the real improvement of an audio system when you have already good gear does not come from buying new gear but mainly: improving the room, the acoustic grid, the vribations controls, the electro-magnetic grid controls, the room treatment,the elimination of RFI and controls of EMI, all that with TWEAKS mainly and good power supply...

I am sure that a many hundred bucks Schumann Generator is better but I am not sure that it will be way much better for the price...I prefer paying peanuts and tweaking the usb one...Half the price of the Chinese one that comes with a power supply and that is more potent... I will compensate the lack of power of the usb one with installing 2 at 2 different place... 
To date all the tweaks I devised or bought works... The only ridiculous tweaks I think of are the costlier one and perhaps they works but at a too much high price or with a ratio quality/price too small...I will never go back to the years when I think about a good audio system only equating that with high price...That is ridiculous and that is what most people think, ridiculizing tweaks but not thinking by themselves and buying new costly gear dreaming to improve the sound...

I can improve now for sure the sound of my 1000 bucks audio system by buying new gear like most people do, but the cost will be (I calculate it) 10 times higher, for a relatively better audible improvement... I will keep the same dac (This dac I already owned, Starting Point Systems one, is already TOTL with a ridiculous low price then impossible to beat, except if paying way too much, buying perhaps a Dave for example  ), but a 2000 bucks power supply, a David Berning amplifier 4000 bucks, new speakers around 4000 bucks to crush my Mission Cyrus...And all that tweaked by myself for sure...Price and good engeneering dont resolve all the issues of an audio system...
@mahgister, good for you that you have found some useful tweaks. I can't recall a single tweak that came up from the user community that has been universally accepted by the industry - although spiking and isolation got close. 

However, in any case this is a thread for discussing useless costly or ridiculous ones. Some would say that going beyond 4 track recording tape was a useless tweak if you were looking to improve sound quality. 

The devil is in the details you know. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reel-to-reel_audio_tape_recording

No sellers never said to me, to tweak my room, and that I must tweak the table where I put the costltly amplifier to isolate it from vibrations, and tweaking the electrical grid of my house, nobody who sells speakers of high quality like the Mission I own say to me that they will sound better with tweaked cable, and tweakes drivers, etc....

Useless, costly, ridiculous tweaks are 3 different things.... Equating the 3 only invite useless sarcasms …And to know for sure that a tweak is useless you must try it before with a sensible good and already tweaked audio system in a treated room... Costly is a relative notion that is impossible in many case to qualify objectively...Ridiculous tweaks is an interesting question to speak about yes, but only if we dont equate ridiculous with useless...For example my stones tweaks are ridiculous for many but are they useless? I know the answer, you dont… I wish with all my consideration the best to you...