What’s your vote for the most ridiculous, overpriced, and useless tweak?

My vote: Furutech Outlet Cover 105 NCF $220, with “special crystalline material that has two “active” properties.” https://www.thecableco.com/outlet-cover-105-ncf.html

glow_worm
@mahgister, from the VH Audio web site regarding the Acoustic Revive Schumann Frequency Generator,

“What is the Schumann Resonance?
The "Schumann Resonance" is a resonance frequency that exists in the Earth’s "electromagnetic" cavity; i.e. it exists between terrestrial surface and ionosphere. The German physicist W. O. Schumann first detected the resonant properties of this terrestrial cavity in 1954. It has been noted that the Schumann Resonance is a breathing phenomenon of the Earth that has lasted for ages. The lowest-frequency and highest-intensity mode of the Schumann Resonance is at a frequency of approximately 7.83Hz. Humans and all animals and plants have been guarded by this frequency of 7.83Hz and lived for long time. But recently, many unnatural radio waves and electromagnetic waves have disturbed this frequency of 7.83Hz, having a negative influence on our human bodies. Acoustic Revive asserts that there are many effects when the frequency of 7.83Hz is generated artificially. Some interesting information regarding Shumann Resonance and human psychobiology may be found here. ( hyperlink no longer active)”

Thanks Geoff I know this company and this text confirm that my answer is more  right than wrong  about your question... my best to you...
The trough was there from the origin of the deck and is a great leveller up, I used it with a Rega arm for decades, the platter upgrade wasn’t an upgrade musically but it did make for impressive dynamics, pity it lost the timing in the process. What really bugged me was the poor craftsmanship necessitating the use of sticky tape to bodge it up. 
I doubt that you are easily convinced if the idea does not come from you and if you are convinced will you admit it easily? My best Geoffkait to you...

(.)
            ( :
                    o)