What’s your vote for the most ridiculous, overpriced, and useless tweak?

My vote: Furutech Outlet Cover 105 NCF $220, with “special crystalline material that has two “active” properties.” https://www.thecableco.com/outlet-cover-105-ncf.html

glow_worm
This thread is in danger of being strangely hijacked into a pro advocacy of tweaking via various parties with financial interests in doing so. Strange because there is a concurrent thread advocating tweaks running right now.

Useless plausible tweaks mentioned so far.

Aftermarket mains cables 
Exotic interconnects (non shielded ofc)
Loudspeaker cables (non ofc)
Ridiculous turntable clamps.

As for useless implausible ones, take your pick from any of the seemingly endless ones being regularly hawked here on the audiogon forum by the usual suspects. These sharks insist on proving the old adage that a sucker is born every minute.

Free advertising never loses its appeal I guess. Now let's see if we can stick to discussing useless tweaks, shall we?

Excuse me I have no financial interest...And more than that I plead to replicate tweaks without purchasing anything...Your simple mind categorization does not applicate universally Sir...
I hate to judge before all the facts are in but there appears to be several people here who didn’t get the memo. There are not two sides to this argument. There is only one side. In fact there isn’t even an argument. The river is deep and wide, break on through to the other side!

When I wrote the OP, I thought that some of the stuff being peddled these days is SO outlandish that there would be a general consensus, and we could share some examples. Oops.

It wasn’t a conspiracy to divide people into “two camps” (and then divide and conquer apparently). Ok well it was, but it wasn’t my idea…it was my Mini-Me. My apologies, he can be an uncontrollable rascal.

One thing I did learn with this thread is about the ‘old guard’ on the Forum. Some are great (knowledgeable and generous), and some...not so much. Unfortunate because many newbies are interested in getting started in what can be a rewarding lifetime hobby, they post, and get ‘jumped’. Surprising because this is not politics, it’s (ostensibly) a hobby.

Out of all this though, I have to admit that this one threw me Geoffkait:

“Footnote: I almost stopped reading the post when I saw the poster “has been involved in the hobby for over 40 years.” It’s kind of a tip off of what’s to follow.”

Any possibility you could enlighten us as to what you meant by this? Guessing…only the self-anointed ones have valid opinions? But, eh, what do I know right?

Post removed