What’s your vote for the most ridiculous, overpriced, and useless tweak?

My vote: Furutech Outlet Cover 105 NCF $220, with “special crystalline material that has two “active” properties.” https://www.thecableco.com/outlet-cover-105-ncf.html

glow_worm

kqvkq
I do have to offer my compliments to the original poster for a fun idea, it was inevitable that the thread would descend into argument. Why? Well, speaking as someone who has been involved in the hobby for over 40 years, I’ve watched the lunatic fringe rise from Auntie Enid and Peter Beltto, to well what it has become.

Why would the eye bulging types invade the thread to defend that tweaks and gizmos and Audio Jewelry are the bee’s knees? What do they need to defend? Can’t skeptics ridicule the craziness that inhabits audio in peace?

>>>>I hate to judge too quickly but it appears you’ve eye-dentified the wrong group as eye bulging types. 👀

Footnote: I almost stopped reading the post when I saw the poster “has been involved in the hobby for over 40 years.” It’s kind of a tip off of what’s to follow. 😬
Post removed 
Geoff,
As usual, we disagree. At least you like the Ramones.There may still be hope.

Lance
As has been written earlier, I find it hard to accept a little metal box that sells for $50,000 has the same amount of technology, testing, and time invested of a similarly priced Mercedes. Or that a record clamp is a technological marvel enough to cost $4K.

Adam Smith wrote that something is worth whatever you pay for it and I can agree with it, but many of the tweaks out now - the ones costing many thousands of dollars, seem simply like trinkets designed to assure those who can afford them that it's okay to afford them.
I read an article about pricey resonators one month ago....Very pricey.... I dont think: that is only and pure "snake-oil", people are so gullible etc...And I dont rant to expel some emotions about the general stupidity of the world except myself... Face reality, think and experiment; I decide to made my own resonators at practically no cost and it is the better innovation tweak that I ever experience and that give me my dream: an audio system of very good level... Forget that without all the tweaks + the resonators I experiment with except with substantial amount of ...

Simple: dont rant, think, experiment and communicate to us your experience for a better listening experience...