What’s your vote for the most ridiculous, overpriced, and useless tweak?

My vote: Furutech Outlet Cover 105 NCF $220, with “special crystalline material that has two “active” properties.” https://www.thecableco.com/outlet-cover-105-ncf.html

glow_worm
“Given the so-called high end audio business seldom uses specs at all, especially with these types of products, what specification would show what effect that a power chord, plate cover, green ink etc etc has on sound?”

If you’ve tried any of the stuff you say, you would know the possible effects or no effects at all on the sound. Cause you will be speaking from your experience...otherwise you have no credibility (just like the OP) to diss a product that may be effective or completely useless.

In 20 years of trying many tweaks I know better not to deem a product ‘useless’ in a public forum until I’ve tried in my system.
I left out the great Immanuel Velikovsky  in my last post. Legendary, wonderfully entertaining read. Like a lot of the ads for cables and fuses and tweaks I see, great stuff and deeply amusing.

You just have to realize that you're in the fiction section. If you forget that and take the wrong things as reality, you may get people laughing at you.
Latick,
You were the one seeming to ask for spec from the OP and so my comment about specs in these product lines in general.  Does the manufacturer even provide and about their own [product? 

By your logic if someone advertises that placing their specially formulated dog poop under  screen the picture improves I have to try it to call it nonsense?

BTW I return to my argument that you can say your hear something and without double blind tests how can it be anything but suggestive testimonial evidence?  

Of course not all tweaks are nonsense, and my education is in computer, not electrical engineering, but the power of suggestion and wishful thinking certainly plays a part no matter what you think of my "credibility."
Best cheap tweak- the light switch! Just turn it off. The next best tweak-telling your kids, wife and neighbors to shut up and be quiet. 3rd best tweak-turn off the dryer, washing machine, vacuum, air conditioner and heater.

Whoops, in some cases turning on the air conditioner can have a positive effect.

Best tweak of all time: move your speakers or your listening position.

worst problem to overcome- static electricity due to dryness or too much humidity making the air lethargic and not move. 
Best no brained tweak: clean out your ears or clear them like a scuba diver or yawn big.
Best time tweak-listen in the middle of the night.
Best tweak for life: change the source off of that rap or hip hop and put on some classic jazz.

Best no brainer tweak: clean your vinyl and your stylus.

Best duh tweak- listen to vinyl.

Best tweak when system totally blows for some reason: alcohol.

Best transformative tweak: getting a promotion at work or a big inheritance from the in-laws.

I got more but enough for now.

Tweak forever...

mikeh22020,

IMHO, unless you have tried and tested any given tweak in your system, you are simply talking from a position of literal ignorance. Of course I am not doubting your or anyone’s ability to research and excercise common sense when making decisions to try a specially formulated 💩 or a well thought out tweak 😊

Ultimately it’s your Audio system and money, spend it anyway you seem fit.