What's your favorite remake of a song

I know most remakes fall short of the original, but I suspect that it's usually due to the fact that the original was known and popular. The remake usually pales by comparison, but I've heard a few things lately that I really liked, and wondered what others have enjoyed...
128x128nrchy
Eva Cassidy's versions of Fields of Gold, Bridge Over Troubled Waters, and Over the Rainbow. . . among others. . .
Anything by Joe Cocker.

How about early Rolling Stones or Beatles tunes, most of which were remakes that are better known than the originals.

"Whole Lotta Love" by Led Zeppelin.

One of my favourites is "It's Only Love", Bryan Ferry's remake of the Beatles song.

Also, the Cowboy Junkies remake of Lou Reed's "Sweet Jane. Even Lou Reed himself says it's good.

I could go on and on.
Nirvana Unplugged, "The Man Who Sold The World", originally by David Bowie, before his big break-out.
I'll go a different route....

Jazz: how about John Coltrane's version of "My Favorite Things"? Bill Evans' "Love Theme from Spartacus"...won him a well deserved Grammy.

Pop/Rock: Almost any Jamie Cullum remake of almost any song. He's outstanding!

Pop/Country: Whitney Houston's version of Dolly Parton's "I will always love you".

The worst remakes....of all time.....: ANY BEE GEES/ABBA/BARRY MANILOW SONG....they all sucked!
I have 2 CDs I’d like to recommend. Both are total remakes of excellent songs. The first is “Big Bang Theory” from Styx. Not only are the covers done extremely well, the song choices are exceptional. A few of my favorites are “I am the Walrus”, “I Don’t Need No Doctor” and “One Way Out”.

Following the Styx theme, Tommy Shaw and Jack Blades did an great CD of covers titled “Influence”. A few favorites here are “Lucky Man”, “Summer Breeze”, “Sound of Silence” and “California Dreaming“. Shaw and Blades sound like they were born to sing together.