What`s with the Hyperion HPS 938

Last year when the 938 went on the market , one rave review followed the other ,everybody seemed to be amazed with the level of performance this 4k speaker delivered. But the last months ,more and more stories appear of people hearing the 938 and dislike them very much.
One guy bought them for 1500usd but returned them after a trial home!!!
Or Steve Rochlin and companions are deaf or there is something really strange going on.
ctchen

Showing 1 response by krell_man

I agree with Newbee! I just started a new job 130 miles from home. I had to move into a one room, 12x12 converted barber shop with a linoleum floor until my wife can get a transfer and move up here.

My system still sounds good, but nowhere near the same as at home. The size of the room and what's in the room affects what you hear more than you might realize, especially if the sound is being reflected, bouncing off of everything and hitting your ears from all directions.

I forget who said it, but the comment was that how "good" your stereo is, is ultimately based on what you hear, and the speakers and the room have the most effect on that.