What's the "worst" cdp for the money?

OK, we've seen much input on the best cdp for the money. Now how about we collect opinions on the worst value cdp's out there? You know, like a $3000 player that sounds like a $300 player.
rooski

Showing 5 responses by joeylawn36111

One problem with this thread is that if you already have one (or more) of the CD players mentioned it this thread, it can be bad to see them listed. I have both the Linn Genki and the Shanling T100. After reading this thread, should I just commit suicide, or what?
And for the record - er, CD - ;) I don't think that my Shanling CD player is junk.....I will be using NOS Western Electric 396A's - I just got to get it hooked up....Same with the Genki - Both players have gotten Excellent reviews in (and out of) the press. It's just a matter of taste. As an analogy - most 'critcs' gave mediocre and poor reviews to the latest Star Wars movie, whereas I saw it for the first time this weekend, and thought it was Excellent.
OK I finally got around to hooking up the Shanling - it sounds Great! So it is just a matter of opinion (IMO - LOL)

Other parts of system

Shanling CD-T100 CD
Linn Kremlin Tuner
Parasound Halo P3 Preamp
Behringer T1951 Tube Parametric EQ
Monster Power MPA2250 Power Amp
Monster AV2000 Sig Series Regulator
B&W CDM-1 SE's
Earthquake Supernova 10" Subwoofer

All sounds incredible....