what's the most vital cable in a system?

I was wondering what IS the most important cable in a system if one was to rank them (#1 being the most important and so on)...A local dealer said that to him, a digital cable is the most important cable if your system calls for it....Well, my set up is a Classe CAP80 integrated, Epos ES14 on dedicated stands, a Toshiba SD1200 DVD/CD player, an MSB Link III DAC, and a Monarchy DIP jitter box. I use 2 digital cables with this set up - Canare digiflex and a Monster Video 2. I am thinking of upgrading the Monster digital cable...As for the rest of my cables, I'm using a Synergistic Research Mark II interconnect and Audioquest Indigo + speaker cables?...comments???
gemini

Showing 1 response by kweisner0800

My understanding is that the lower the voltage a cable carries (line level) the more prone it is to EMF/RFI. This seems logical because microvolts can be more easily disturbed than 'macrovolts', so it follows that good interconnects are 'more important' than speaker cables. That said, I think the question is a conundrum and somewhat like asking which wheel is the most important on a motorcycle. Both front and back have an important function, and regardless of how good one is, without the other, it's virtually worthless. The efficiency of any system or process is determined by the weakest function within that process (as stated by Ehider, above), and you would be well served to follow his(or her) advice on trusting your ears above all else. Good luck!