What's the best way to get HD movies "on demand"

I am curious if Apple TV, Mac Mini, Direct TV, or some of the blue ray players with BD live/netflix is the best way to go? Or something else...

Apple TV seems to have the best interface but only 720p and seems like its time for a update.

Who has the best choices in programming? Will use this via HDMI and front projector.

Thanks in advance
128x128jfrech

Showing 1 response by chaskelljr2001

And what about getting a TiVo????

I have the standard "HD" model (which has a 160 GB Hard Disk) that is listed for $300.00.

However, I bought a refurbished one..... so I saved about $100.00 off the price.

And then, there is the "HD-XL" model, and that model lists for $600.00. The difference between the standard model and the deluxe model is that the deluxe model has a 1 TB Hard Disk compared to the standard model, which has a 160 GB Hard Disk. The deluxe model is also THX Certified, and it has a premium remote (which is available as an option for MY model). Both models are expandable and external hard disks can be added to them for added recording storage.

And like the VuDu, you can also get HD Movies on demand, and it outputs up to 1080i, or you can select native or hybrid modes as well

And like the VuDu...... picture and sound are wonderful, but they are not quite up to Blu-Ray levels. If you want something on THAT level, you still need to have a Blu-Ray Player installed into your system.

Right now, there doesn't seem to be a substitute for having a Blu-Ray Player in your system.

Let us know what you decide to go with.....

Regards....

--Charles--