What's the best integrated amp in the $1500-$2000 range?

I'm looking for an integrated amp for roughly $1000, but could be convinced to go a bit higher for something that performs way outside the price range.  My primary focus is analog for my vinyl collection, but I would like to add digital source either from a network streamer or perhaps just bluetooth  from a phone.

Not to overly complicate the question, but I'd also consider something used that's in mint or near perfect condition.
msafrick

Showing 1 response by td_dayton

edit: lol, this dude definitely already bought something. didn't realize how old the original post was. happy new year 🥃

for what it’s worth (not much tbh, so many here know so much more than me) i really like the rogue sphinx v3. i tried a few others from 1-2k including a schiit ragnarok, cambridge audio, big boy late 70’s kenwood, fully serviced (can’t remember the model), sansui 907, and a used unison research. the rogue was my preference with my forte speakers. but all of them were cool. for the most part the differences weren’t massive - a little more warmth here, some more details there. i ended up with the rogue because for whatever reason there was this sort of "charge" in the air when i played a couple of good records through it. could’ve all been in my head, but it just felt right.

but, grain of salt right? i would imagine "the best" for you will end up depending on your speakers, room, mood, and so on. hope you find something great though 👍