What’s the best DAC match for the Cambridge Audio CXC original or V2?

So I currently have an Oppo BDP 93 and a Schiit Bifrost Multi DAC. I keep reading over and over that the Cambridge CXC transport is the best in its price range, but I’ve seen little about what DAC’s pair well with it. My preamp is an ARC, SP9 MKll, and my amps are Acoustat servo’s. I’m also not opposed to keeping the Oppo and trying a different DAC.

New, used. Price TBT.

Thanks all.

JD
128x128curiousjim
Much has been discussed on this forum regarding coax vs. optical connection with the majority finding coax preferable.  There are also discussions on the science regarding length of coax cable, with  very short or 1.5 meter being optimal for most cables. Neither issue is likely true under all circumstances. I chose to go with the consensus on this one and have been happy. I run both so as to connect two sources to the same DAC having only one of each type input. The primary source gets the coax cable. And, as jjss49 indicated the coax is more durable. With glass optimal do not use tight bends in the cable. 

Hey bikerbw,

Thanks for your reply.
 I have over a thousand cd’s and 12-13 sacd’s,  so changing to a transport that doesn’t play them won’t be a game changer. Oh and I‘ve been thinking of getting a second system in the future, so the Oppo isn’t going anywhere for now. 
All the best 

JD