What's the best buy for 2nd hand at 200 USD?

Hello there experienced hifi-dinosaurs. I am a student with limited funds and a love of vinyl, and I'm looking to replace my old sony turntable. In case it matters, I own a marantz receiver, i think it's a NR1403, and Boston BA25 bookshelf speakers. I want to try and make my collection of 70s records sound good without paying too much for a lack of knowledge. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
savoytruffle
wow...$200 is a TOUGH area to find a great sounding turntable...BUT not Impossible. There are a couple turntables by a company called DUAL look for these on EBAY. They are a German made Belt driven and Reliable if in good working / refirbished condition. Thats if you want something CLASSIC. NEW..I would not even go there....YOU will find a MUCH better table for your 200 used ,than anything NEW. SO with that in mind scour the planet on E-bay for a classic Pioneer or Dual in good working condition with cartridge. Have fun hunting. (I bought a Dual TT for $80 with no Dust cover and the Auto function dosent work.But It plays fine manualy and it sounds great.These TT sell for $350 In great condition with all parts and everything works.
Late 70's Sony direct drives are still decent values and under rated performers. Look for PS-X6, PS-X7, PS-X60, or PS-X70 or variants there of on the auction site.
I'd add Technics turntables to your list. They had model(s) with b/i phono amp. A little internet research will give you advice on which models to look for. Of course then there's the all-important issue of what cartridge/phono amp to buy for your Technics TT. Technics did make an affordable TT with b/i phono amp (c:
Where are you located? Several people I know locally have decent tables in your price range but prob. won't ship.
There's at least one Thorens on ebay right now in your price range that could work for you. If you're not opposed to direct drive, there are some really cheap Denon TTs on ebay. I had one for years that was a workhorse and sounded good (on my college system anyway). Spend the extra money on a new cartridge.

Also concur with the Dual recommendation. My friend had one for years that I liked.
Try a Sony PS-X7. There is one listed on Ebay and you could make an offer. I just sold mine for $200 and the cover was not cracked. This is a surprisingly good TT. You can read some reviews on Vinyl Engine, AudioKarma, etc.
If you can swing another $39, this table is really nice. I just setup one for a friend of mine. I was indeed impressed.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002S1CJ2Q/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1PY0NAQABFX21PWFDNCY&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

It is more or less a Technics SL1200 series table. I mounted an Ortofon "Red" cartridge on it. Wow!
Unfortunately, your NR1403 does not have phono inputs. That means you'll need a phono stage (or a different receiver) in addition to a turntable/tonearm/cartridge. Some entry level tables have a phono stage built in, which should help with the budget. I've no experience with those so can't recommend anything.

I owned Dual 1217 and 1229 turntables in my college days (back in the 17th C.) and concur with that recommendation, but they don't have phono stages. Unless you get lucky, a Dual may be a budget-buster unless you can find another $100 or two for a phono stage.
As several have said, the old Sony PS-X series punch WAY above their weight, the PS X-7 has a carbon fiber arm and will smoke any Dual ever made, most Thorens as well etc.
MofiMadness,
The AT turntable is nothing like a technics SL1200 except for outside looks. I strongly second the recommendation for the Sony PS-X___ series of turntables.
The predecessor to the Sony PS-X7 was the PS-4300. It is listed on AudioAsylum for $175. Read the review on The Vintage Knob.
Follow up to the PS4300 recommendation: It does not have the quartz locked speed.
Really nowhere to go...AT LP 120 with usb, software, decent cart, built in phono amp, etc....is 200 delivered with warranty...I wouldnt bother with buying a used table...unless local...
Yesterday I took a pre in for work at a major US audio designers place of business. One of the top of the line Salk speakers were playing, very natural sound, his source was vinyl, the TT a Sony PS-X5 .
thanks for all your advice, it was very useful. I ended up buying a Technics SL 1410 semi-automatic direct drive for 160 euros (212 USD) which appears to be in very good condition. Is this a good buy??? What do you guys think of this series of technics turntables?

@Dougdeacon, I was mistaken about the series nr of my marantz receiver, which does actually have a phono input.