What's next after my 300B Rega Turntable

I a very happy new vinyl lover. But I've got the itch for a significant improvement in my turntable. One of my dealers is recommending the Well-Tempered Classic, but does not have one to try in my home. Thoughts, ideas, recomendations for a turntable under 5K. Thanks
grandpoobah

Showing 3 responses by twl

Teres Model 255 Signature in Cocobolo. Origin Live Encounter tonearm, Shelter 501 MkII cartridge. That gives you the whole package for just under $5k. I speculate that you would have a very difficult time beating that for $10k, or even more.
Wait a minute. We have a question here about which of the "Poobahs" is higher. Is it the Great Poobah, or the Grand Poobah? Is anyone "pulling rank" here? Is there some kind of accepted "Poobah" hierarchy?
Hey Jimbo, I like the LO.4 too! I think that is one of the best Benz cartridges. While I always talk about Denon and Shelter, because of the nice prices for the performance, I definitely recognize that the LO.4 is a real good cartridge. If I had any arm considerations that limited me in compliance ranges, I'd go for the LO.4 in a heartbeat.