What's my next step in AC conditioning??

How do I get my system's background to be quieter without losing dynamics (or adding brightness)?
I currently have 6 components plugged into a Monster HTS 2000 plugged into a standard double wall outlet. If I plug my CJ MV-55 directly into the wall outlet, I lose dynamics.
What's the next step:
An audio grade wall outlet? Which one would be best for me?
Upgrade from my HTS 2000?
Thanks in advance!
umn

Showing 2 responses by sol322

Umn:
What do you have plugged in the HTS? What components?
Do you have a dedicated line?
There have been several threads on this topic that you can benefit from...
The HTS which I currently use, is a nice piece but there are better options I'm sure you'll get input from other members about this.
Would like to suggest some trials to you but need more system details
Regards
Uri:
Basically the side labeled for DVD and CD player on the HTS has the most filtering. The other side has much less i.e. where the AMP labeled outlet is and provides for more power hungry applications like AMP.
Based on your comments by all means invest in two dedicated lines, cost for labor will be almost equal than doing just one. As you noticed the less other things plugged in your system's line the better results you get. For quite a while I had my digital source, preamp, amp, TV set, cable signal , VHS in the HTS. I tweaked my system and found a testing track like track #23 in Chesky's "Ultimate Demo disk" and listened to how detailed and better presence the organ sounded and also how better or worse the different part of the chorus were portraited. This led me to just leave in the HTS what I really need for music reproduction, in other words even just having other things plugged there and not "on" had some effect. In your case I'd suggest trying without the Scott and deck and see what happens.
Power cords have also helped me a lot, I even changed the stock in the HTS..... not easy but doable Your comments please
Luis