What's in your CDP tonight? the minority report

I enjoy vinyl and digital (lately, with recent changes, vinyl actually sounds better than digital to me), BUT given what seems an overall preference for analog/vinyl on A'gon, I'm curious what the non-vinyl "1/2" is listening to. I tried to see if this was a previously posted question. Did not seem so.

This evening for me, it's Genesis (definitive edition remaster) "A Trick of the Tail".

128x128ghosthouse
ruebent, i'm with you on electric rock music--it's brilliant. "hey grandma" might be the best song ever written. (ok, a little hyperbole)
@loomisjohnson ,

It makes me happy that there is someone out there in AudiogoN land that is familiar with this album. Ass Ponys were a local band here in Cincinnati and I used to go out often to hear them play in local bars. The band's leader - Chuck Cleaver is now co-leader of the band - Wussy. Also great.

"Earth to Grandma" is classic, but my favorites for the album are "Wall Eyed Girl", "Banlon Shirt" and "Gypped". I agree, the whole record is brilliant.
i've heard wussy, who robert christgau praises irrationally, but don't like them as much as the ass ponys--too dark and less melodic. the great thing about "electric rock music: is the genuine affection the singer has for all the freaks and losers he sings about--they all keep their dignity. plus the melodies are always there.
from the same era, check out "united kingdom" by american music club, which is quite brilliant in an angsty sorta way.
the great thing about "electric rock music: is the genuine affection the singer has for all the freaks and losers he sings about--they all keep their dignity. plus the melodies are always there.

@loomisjohnson

Could not agree more. Ass Ponys were special. I agree that Wussy is not a modern day Ass Ponys. I like them, but it's not the same. However, they are good live and I'm going to see them again on April 23.

I'll check out your recommendation too.....