What's best low cost 845?

Again same guy as the 2A3 question but thinking maybe more power.Interesting that Harvey Weisfeld gave his name out to cayin for their EL34 amp which also might be a contender but if I can get up to 20 watts a of SET why go push pull/Know more cost for tubes and so forth but for Cain and cain Abby's.Omega or another 95db plus speaker might want more "oomph" than 3 wats will deliver.Also if their are some $1K or less speakers thta deliver goods interested in all.Trying to not build anything so if it were Bottlehead or another DIY I'd look for built kit.Just want a low volume near feild set up that can give some dynamics.If I went with larger (Jolida 202/303 or such) might by pair of Audio Physic Sparks because even though I might not get the SET "magic" thing they are small and when I borrowed a pair for a m,onth was really impressed with dynamics at low volume levels which I was told Tempo did not have needing more volume.but that's getting out of size and price range plus the differene I'd like with Fi,Sun, etc just trying to get votes on best bang for reasonable buck for a bedroom system.Once had @K (used price Bel Canto's and unfortuntely coyuldn't get up the hill with speakers I had but it was a beaut!yet want to keep it tto half that price this time.Ideas in SET lanmd that really ofers big value for dollar/
Thanks
Chazzbo
Thanks
Chazzbo
chazzbo

Showing 1 response by david12

I love my 845 amp, but I agree they do'nt tend to be cheap and you will be looking second hand. Some Italian names to consider, Mastersound, Unison Research and Viva. I have the Viva Solista and it is by a long margin, the best amp I have had in my system, but it is $10000 new. To get the parts quality, particular good large output transformers, which are critical to performance, costs money.
As to Chinese valves, as usual SuperTNT are having supply difficulties at the moment. Only the 845B is available now, but it is very good and reasonably priced