what replaced your Aerial 7B speakers?

Looking to upgrade from the Aerial 7B. Would like to have just a little more bottom end. No, I don't want to try a sub. My room is 13 x 16. I have a Bat vk 500 and a Mac 2500 pre. My max budget would probably be $4500.
dpm2340

Showing 5 responses by dpm2340

I thought I had found my sweet spot. I suppose I could try moving them again. Right now they are positioned as follows: 7' apart which makes them 26" away from side walls. they are 30" from back of speaker to wall. I remember getting them closer to the wall and they seemed to lose some openness. To get the speakers off the floor I use outriggers that I bought from soundocity. could you tell me what speaker wires you are/were using?
I know which ones you speak of. I had them with my aerial 8s. these are not like those.
My original question asked what speaker replaced your Aerial 7B speakers. I'm looking to replace mine and was simply looking for suggestions I might not be aware of. All of a sudden it went to speaker stands. I'm not going to buy speaker stands when my goal is to buy other speakers. A sub is not the way I really want to proceed. thanks for all the input.