What preamp creates the largest soundstage?

I have always loved a large soundstage.  I have a small listening room (10x10) and have mini-monitors, driven by a tube amp.  I have played a lot with speaker placement, room acoustics, listening position to create a large soundstage.  I have rolled tubes on the amp and made dramatic improvements. (I have purposely left details on the brands of tubes, amp and speakers out, because I don’t want side comments to distract from my question)

i have a digital source into a solid state naim preamp.  I home demo’ed a well reviewed preamp, and was surprised at how much the soundstage shrunk, both side to side and top downward.  It was deeper, and did have much of the tube magic, but I could not live without the big soundstage.  

so my question is, does anyone have experience with a preamp that produces a big soundstage?  I am looking for recommendations on what to demo next. While I lean toward tubes, I am open to solid state.  I am okay either new or used, and could spend in the 5k range, but would be happy to spend less.  Also comments on specific brands (i.e. xyz is known to have great soundstage in all their preamps) as opposed to models, are welcome.

and I will be the first to admit that perhaps the very large soundstage is not “accurate”to real music, but boy is it seductive and I love it and can’t live without it.

meiatflask
@rdoc THAT is exactly the same combination I’m running (well almost, mine is a standard Backert Rhumba 1.2, but w/ Audyn True Copper Max output caps), and it is truly a fantastic, synergistic combination. I whole-heartedly agree and concur with your assessment! Crazy great sound, and my good audio friend Bon, (@jayctoy), can verify; he was over yesterday.

@rogerwg1 @rdoc
Curious, what tubes you are using, and what power cords on both your Backert preamps and the Pass XA-25. Feel free to PM me so we don’t derail this thread.
OP here.  Just reviewing al, the comments and what catches me is there are no solid state preamps being suggested.  Does not surprise me that tubes dominate the conversation, but kind of expected to see one or two solid state units in the mix.....