What power cord with your ARC AR VS 115?

What after market power cords are you using with your AR ARC VS 115 amp? Due to the design, not all after market IEC 20A connectors work. If anyone out there has found a cord that makes a sonic difference and fits below the fuse connector, I would love to know. Thanks,
Jon
shuteye

Showing 6 responses by shuteye

Thanks for all the input, guys. Chashas1, howdy again. You are right, I'm still looking. From the input you all are giving me, I may end up wasting money. The amp sounds great, but I just can't help but wonder - more quiet space between notes, more definition, better soundstage? - just by adding a power cord. Maybe I am an idiot led astray by all the power cord hoopla.

Regarding AC power, I do know that plugging amp and preamp into a PS Audio Power Plant Premier made a significant difference, as did swapping the stock PS Audio cord for a DCCA Reference Master. But then, the PC that came with the PPP was not of the same weight as the PC that came with the AR.
BTW Pubul57, you have owned some very nice equipment! Your input is valued, as it is a voice with far more experience to draw from than mine. Your input really has me thinking about kicking back and being satisfied with the factory cord. It definitely will be money saved.
I'll second any positive comment regarding Mike Sanders. I still own a pair of Silver Mono 90's that have served trouble free for 18 years or so. Two years ago I called QS to inquire about retubing and Mike himself answered the phone. Very relaxed and informative.
Thanks for the recomendation, Mintzer. Unfortunately, on the VS115, the fuse holder endcap protrudes from the back of the amp right above the IEC receptacle. This prevents large, round cord ends such as Furutech and others, such as the one used on Mojo Audio cords from fitting all the way into the IEC receptacle. That's my primary reason for this post as not any cord will do, unfortunately. Otherwise, I would be happy to experiment, as interconnect/speaker cable/cord swapping is cheap enough to become addictive.
I'm a bit dense, Rrog. Mintzar, I didn't realize you were plugging your own product. You really should make that clear when you make statements regarding how good Mojo Audio products are. A simple disclaimer would keep you on the up and up. That said, your product looks good, and in these ecomomic times, I can't blame you for wanting move all product you can. I mean this sincerely.
Mintzar, thanks for the explanation. I can understand your enthusiasum. It's all good! I've bookmarked Mojo Audio's website, as the product looks good, and at good prices.