What power cord with your ARC AR VS 115?

What after market power cords are you using with your AR ARC VS 115 amp? Due to the design, not all after market IEC 20A connectors work. If anyone out there has found a cord that makes a sonic difference and fits below the fuse connector, I would love to know. Thanks,
Jon
shuteye

Showing 1 response by pubul57

I asked ARC about aftermarket powercords when I owned one of their amps, after discussing it with them I kept their power cord - they don't sound like the believe it makes any difference if you have enough guage, which the factory supplied power cord does. Not the only time I have heard an amp manufacturer with the very same view of power cords. I had to convince Music Reference to add an IEC pigtail to my $10,000 RM9 SE - he did it, but I think he was humoring me. I have never been able to hear a difference between PCs with well designed amps (CAT JL2, QS V4s, Pass XA30-5, or my Music Reference RM10 and 9SE). I do think you could get a poorly made PC that might compromise performance, but the one that comes from ARC isn't. You should read what Mike Sanders of Quicksilver said in a recent interview with Sam Tellig about power cords, after you do, you might by a power cord from Mike Sanders for $15 or so, but I'm sure has this figured out already.