What power cord with the Cambridge Audio 840C?

I just thought I whould start a thread to see what other people's experience with aftermarket power cables has been on this player? I have only tried a couple of budget cords to date- a Tube Audio Design "Iron Lung Jellyfish" cord, and a MAC (My Audio Cables) "Source" Sound Pipe. Both are nice for their price point/value, but as always, I want to squeeze a little more out of the player. To be honest, I never actually hooked the player up with the stock cord. Not looking to break the bank here- $300.00 or under new or used. I value overall transparency and top end frequency extension/air over anything else. The rest of my system consists of System Audio SA2K monitor speakers, Speltz anti cable speaker cabling and IC's, and a Manley Stingray integrated. Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.

Jim
mekong56

Showing 1 response by blueman

Signal Digital Reference - excellent value, excellent power cord. Do the math - is a $300+ power cord going to give you 4 to 5X the performance compared to the Signal? Simple answer IMHO I think it works very well with this player.