What power cord for BAT VK-300x SE integrated?

I am looking for power cord recommendations for my BAT VK-300x SE integrated amp. I currently use a MAC HC power cord, but would like to experiment with something else. Maybe a Black Sand Violet or Silver ref? I would like to get a little more treble extension and air out of the BAT. The rest of my system is an Esoteric SA-10 CD/SACD player, System Audio SA2K monitor speakers, MAC Ultra Silver balanced IC's, and Spetz Anti-cable speaker cables. Any thoughts/recommendations?
mekong56

Showing 2 responses by jfrech

I am not sure of your budget here. I recently had a BAT VK300x SE in my system while I had a small issue getting fixed on a amp. I have a all BAT system (51se, p10se super, vk150se's)

I'd consider the Kimber Palladian PK 10 given your sonic priorties. Also, I'd in general, you'll like the Purist Dominus Ferrox rev c. Both will give you extension (The purist better on the bottom and richer through out).

When I heard the VK300 in "my" system compared to BATs top of the line, It more than held it's own. Killer int. amp you have ! But is did loose some of that extension on the top and bottom. I'd recommend either of these 2 cords, buy I'd like the Purist Dominus Ferrox best, the Kimber a close 2nd and closes to your stated goals above.

Also, for top end and air, have you cleaned your contacts recently? That may help this. Also. TURN off you int amp, let it cool. Unplug it. Take the cover off, pull the tubes and clean the tube pins and sockets with your contact cleaner. Be gentle here. This will give a improvement likely.

Finally, what is your BAT VK300 sitting on? Proper isolation really helps the BAT gear and address the exact issue you are raising in your system.

Hope this helps
Hi, it was the SE version. And I used it on my Finite Pagode Master Ref rack with Cerapuc feet...