what percentage of us really knows sound

Hi,been in audio preatty much all my live,play a few instruments myself, and it is chocking to me how many people in this hobbie, because they have a few Hi end gear
think that they can discern sonic diferences,or that their system sounds amazing, when 80% of time when I' listen to those fellows system, the sound is horrible, I'm talking about systems in the upper $50000, and this people come out, talking about soundstage, inner detail, and layers of sound cascading thru a huge soundscape, another thing is that, I'thought all this audiophile people where a group of well to do business people, that had money to speare,
when the truth is that most of audiophile people are broked
and dont' have their priorities toghether, been at many many, audiophile people's house, and it is sad, people with, high end systems, and no furniture,just bought a pair of speakers, $11000 retail and an Aiwa,component has more BASS THAN this speakers, affter spending more than $2500, on cables,think someone is taking advantage of the audiophile community
juancgenao
Juan, what do you care how someone else's system sounds? If they like it and felt their money was well spent, then so be it. What's really the point of this post, to get people to question their ears? I don't get it. At least you spelled bass correctly. Why don't we post another " What's the best.............."
man.... i feel really bad now. you saw right through me Juan. thought i knew what i liked, but obviously i don't. i've been a fool. my apologies. will take your advise and sell all my gear....then get some food and cloths (maybe a chair) with the proceeds

=).

cheers
Lev
Juan, if 80% of the systems you're heard sound horrible, and many are upwards of $50K, then maybe it's your ears or preferences that are so different than the rest. In my experience most decent systems sound amazingly similar making me wonder why we try so hard to achieve better (different than we already have) sound through upgrades. Maybe that's just MY ears!
Hi, ehaller precisely, you must be one of them, my point is,
that all this people talking about sound, don'know, what are they talking about, if a system is unable to give me the illusion that I'm in from of a orchestra, or at least the emotion of a real venue, to me is garbage, we just don't stop and pay attention, been in more than 15 audiophile's homes, with mega buck's systems, and have walked out of those houses'
unimpressed, I'm a little angry, because after replacing my speakers, for a pair that cost five times more, after reading tons of rave reviews, and all the class A" crap, lost every thing, musicality, realism, BASS, and every thing that makes a good speaker sound great, plus $2800, in used cables, Just want to meet the people who wrote those 20 pages reviews, bring them home and show them how a good system is supposed to sound like:
Post removed