Can't really get a more ignorant answer to the OP's question.
It's as if the word "or" is mystifying to someone using the language for decades.
I firmly believe that the right integrated amp or amp / preamp combo is critical to get the most out of any speaker . I've had a number of good speakers over the years but why did I tire of them? Because my electronics were just good.... not great
I think that's why you see so many speakers for sale . I finally bought a kick ass preamplifier and honestly it sounded like I got new speakers. It was profound.
i agree, it is amazing to me when people can evidently type, yet they cannot read...
in some ways it is a pointed commentary on many of the ills of our society in the present day - how people talk past each other, never making an effort to understand what is being asked, what is the exact question or concern being expressed
What a great way to lose a customer. (LOL).
My system is a hodgepodge. I buy the cable that synerigizes best with each individual component.
I have 2 Synergistic Research cables. They both sound fantastic.
- SR Galileo UEF Digital AES/EBU
- SR Atmosphere Level 2 power cable w/the SX Black tuning bullet
- On my preamp, the Purist Audio Design power cord sounded better than the SR Atmosphere Level 2 power cord. Digging even deeper, the Furutech NCF connectors sounded even better on the PAD than the stock Wattgate 350i connectors that came with it.
- On my streamer, the SR Atmosphere sounded better than the PAD.
- On my DAC, I use a Snake River Audio Cottonmouth power cord because it sounds better than either the SR or PAD.
Perhaps, I don’t know what I’m talking about. (My better half has suggested that.) But, I do listen to what my ears tell me.