What makes / defines an audiophile ?

Having followed threads and contributed in several this came to mind since we see definitely passion here!!! It's interesting to touch base on things like this since equipment, power, tweaks tend to dominate postings and for me not been in this hobby for that long is worth a thought. Share your views.
sol322

Showing 5 responses by sol322

Ljgj; It's a tough real world out here isn´t it? Think the wife factor is the least controlable right?
Arcmania: I like your top three!!!! Currently I'm also working on expanding the software part... Some people have very few CD's or LP's compared to the investment in the rest as you point out that it spells for me you lost the root of it which is music!!!
People this is going very nice and would like to add some words: Robba if we go by your rule I´m sure the record companies will be very happy, think most of us are in debt. Joe coherent: very good point to the enjoyment of music within your budget. Interesting to point out that some people consider themselves music "aficionados" instead audiophiles because their system is not big money investment. Kind of: is not the pocket´s depth in the audiophile but the love for music within ..... Hifinut: interesting to note that you identify more audiophile equipment oriented people so your hardcore definitions remind me that justice is represented holding a "balance" (equipment vs music)and with a blindfold due to the urge some people "see" to run blind tests whereas the ears are 100% functional to it.... Dacostab nice edge on the music loving part!! Rockvirgo you meant spiked even the fridge where someone puts the blue ice? Siddh your description is very vivid! Redkiwi: there´s no thing like a sure thing but the adrenaline and excitement might be lacking... Tubegroover what about the sympton about almost browsing segments of songs to check the last tweak effectiveness=) Fpeel I really can relate to your comments on the define part... boy this postings have really expanded my considerations horizon..... Guys I'll be on the road for a week keep it coming!!