What Krell amp/Pre, CD unit match the B&W N802's?

I just bought a B&W Nautilus 802's and not sure which brand of an amp,pre-amp,CD unit I would use to fully utilize it's full benefit. I thought of Krell that I wouldn't go wrong since its one of the most prestigious name on the audiophile market.

What would you recommend the least price and model from Krell and still utilize the B&W 802's use to its max?
Any alternate brand perhaps more powerful but inexpensive and still compare with Krell in performance?

Thanks and I appreciate the help.
Have a good day.

John
jpanel9

Showing 1 response by petehul

I also have the N802's. It's not unusual to be able to hear 802's matched with Krell amplification. The new Krell amps are certainly much better to my ear than the Krell products I heard a couple of years ago.

I purchased Simaudio's W-5 and P-5 a few months ago. The W-5 is more than enough amp to control the 802's. Maybe even more impressive is the P-5 preamp. You might want to investigate Simaudio's products.

For the CDP I use a Cary Audio 303-200. I'm sure there are better but I'm also real sure there are worse. It seems to match well with the amp and preamp.

Good luck in your search.