what kind of amp. are good for b&w 802d that will not cost my arm and legs?

Hello all, I'm very new to this... so please help and give me some advise.
i have 2 b&w 802 D for my L and R front speakers  and 2 b&w cm8 s2 for my back L and R.
also have 2 b&w for the celling, i have a Yamaha rx 3050 receiver. I have not hook them up yet. 
my question is...... do i need an amplifier? and what kind amp should i look for? (that will not cost to much.) 
and do i need any thing els beside an amplifier ?  if i do need..... please tell me what brand and what model should i look for. one last thing.... what kind of speakers wire should i get? All the speakers i have is a second hand , some i got it from eBay some from craigslist. that why I'm afraid to go tho store like best buy to ask question.

i know all this question it might sound very stupid to some people, i hope some body can help and can give me a good advise.

( sorry my english is not good )

pailin15

Showing 1 response by swampwalker

The 802ds are very good speakers that will benefit greatly from a better amplifier than is in the Yamaha.  Ditto w speaker wires.   For wires and interconnects, stay away from Best Buy; that kind of stuff is their biggest mark-up item.  Best if you give us a budget of what you can spend.  Those speakers in particular are very revealing and will benefit the most from putting most of your money in a good amplifier.