What isolation feet to use??

Hi everyone,
Just aquired an Aethetix Rhea and would like to know what isolation feet are being used other than the stock rubber ones?? Thanks
Richard
rnadelman

Showing 1 response by nikturner920

Honestly it really depends on your rack and the floor of your listening room (shaking wood flood or cement slab) and how your electronics were tuned.

In my system in my room (cement floor) coupling equipment to the shelves (maple)with spikes and the ayre myrtle cubes works best.

My recommendation is to play with home brew things and narrow down what improves the sound to you and then go from there.

Bubble wrap or a memory foam pillow will test isolation and wood cubes or large metal nuts directly under the chassis will test coupling. I second Herbie's as a source for cheap things to try. A big ziplock with sand under a component is also a quick and easy tester for whether your rack it self is the problem.

Take your time as I have found that different footers more often produces a difference rather than an 'improvement'.

Rakuennow, can you give an example of how you use that Sorbothane program? Looks like you have to input the footer size and that is what I thought the output would be.

Cheers