What is your go-to online place to buy physical medium of music? And why?

The brunt of the question is pretty much covered in the title, but just curious where most people are buying any physical medium of music (vinyl, cassette, 8-track, etc.) online.

Personally, I've probably only bought a couple of items online. I mostly patronize my local independent record stores but, obviously, the selection of music available online is essentially infinite, so I'd like to start utilizing it more.

Thanks!
128x128jeffdill2

Showing 3 responses by asp307

@jeffdill2 I didn't see any mention on genre. Luckily we have great local shops where I live headlined by the Attic. If I do go online for records I like:

for electronic, dj, world, hip-hop, afrobeat, reissues: Juno, underground hip hop, fat beats and turntable lab

for used/new jazz and world: dusty groove (great store in Chicago)

for indie/Rock: Insound, amoeba

For good selection if you don't mind imports: import CDs (plenty of vinyl)

for a general catch all: amazon

i travel for work and make it a point to carve out time to dig in other cities...if you do as well build a rapport with the shop owners with your preferences or wish list and keep in touch with them. 

Also, check with your local stores and ask if they discount for pre-orders. A place here will give 10% off if you "place an order" with them. 

Good luck...