What is the VERY BEST CD album you've ever heard?

Just like with records, I came across releases on CD that were never popular, but bring lots of interesting music and so I started collecting CDs that do have collectible value for the reason of a great and rare music presented.

So far album "Sauce Hollandaise" by Ashra is on my #1 desirable list

"Best Band You've Never Heard In Your Life" by Frank Zappa is my 2nd best CD I've ever heard. 

czarivey

The Stones great rock just about any cd is great but I'll mention Beggars Banquet.  my favorite stones song "Goodbye Ruby Tuesday", great rock music and great memories. As for their CD quality they all sucked. I mean imagine if the Stones actually had a well-engineered musical CD.

Johnto got it right the best group ever simply the Beatles. It was a time in society that was right for Peppers. Pot and LSD came on the scene,along with fond memories of 20 plus college kids in a black lit room passing joints around with "a day in the life"  playing on the turntable. Woo let me turn back the clock 50 years lol.

You folks who think everything is rock or pop.... I was around before rock n roll existed as well as pop although the other classes of music were already there for a long time. We certainly didn't call that music rock or pop for sure.

Difficult choice. An album I am fond of from A to Z is L.A. women from The Doors (remastered)

@kb673 Yeah, you really don’t want to play this game.
The facts are all there for you. Some of us already have them. Some don’t.
Here are some Cliff Notes, a “Fake Book,” if you will: just Google “Tin Pan Alley.”
Then come and talk to me about “mountain music/bluegrass and blues.”
There you go again with “genre.”
If “pop” is a “genre,” please define it.