What is the Silliest Accessory You Have Ever Seen.

I was flipping through the accessory pages at the Cable Company and came up with this https://www.thecableco.com/hallograph.html You have to be kidding me. Of all the dumb, idiotic, profoundly stupid things I have ever seen. The marketing is even better! Have you seen anything worse! It is up to us to uncover these things for what they are, SCAMS.

Mike
128x128mijostyn
tweak11,910 posts01-09-2021 9:00amThe problem here is the title with the word SEEN, instead of HEARD

I have been using many Machina Dynamica tweak products to great effect over a decade, including the Clever Little Clocks, and yes they too perform as advertised. If his products don’t work for you then look to your system, or maybe your hearing is not capable, but his products work well

hth

https://www.machinadynamica.com/machina41.htm

Thank you for clearly illustrating placebo effect.
I lived to see the day this is written on Audiogon forum.
I say that because i am perfectly able to criticize myself, and without going back to our discussion in the past, i know that the main part of our divergence were based on the fact that you are" cautious" if i try to understand your perspective... Being cautious is an aspect of intelligence...

Even if i may diverge about something or even if our interpretations of something are different, the main characteristic of your objections were born in a cautious attitude... I can differ on a subject with you but i cannot reject this fact.... 

I dont want to go back in the past....

I prefer friendly and logical debate without attacking a group or a person or a product we dont know....

Example: all people trying the hallograph are not gullible stupid persons....

Assimilating all unusual products like the poster over me to all the others unusual one is not a cautious and intelligent attitude.... It is only a sarcastic party.... It is not my party.....I am skeptic( thanks for the correction )not stupid....

I never has taken any pleasure here to mock someone for the pleasure to do so.... But i can answer sarcasm with sarcasm...Anyway sacasm is not logic nor reason...

Skeptic in North America, sceptic in the rest of the world and off planet.

Am I allowed to put 1V across 1 ohm and say confidently I will get 1A of current or do I need to do an experiment? 

When one who possesses relevant experience and "dismisses" these silly accessories, that does not mean they are claiming they will do absolutely nothing.  I stated the item that started this will do "something". But doing something and meeting the outlandish claims are completely different.   Of course I am quite certain the clever little clock does nothing except cleverly extract money from people.   Are you not in the list bit curious why so few of these tweakish things are never demonstrated by suppliers that they unequivocally make a sonic difference?  It would be so easy to show and could do nothing but increase sales. Can you imagine having a product that makes a demonstrable and obvious difference in the sound and never making a demonstration that proves the difference is obvious? Surely you must be at least a little curious why that does not occur?
Am I allowed to put 1V across 1 ohm and say confidently I will get 1A of current or do I need to do an experiment?
Using an equation of Maxwell born after Faraday experiments, to denigrate the necessity of some experiments about acoustic specific settings and particular room or for justifying something about some unusual product is a SOPHISM if it is not an electrical properties essential to the working of the product...

No single equation will never replace experiments in the interface of many techonologies and scientific domain like acoustic and audio...

By the way i never buy tweaks nor sell them... i create my own room and system at peanuts costs...I am less gullible than those who pay thousand for not always better than mine... creativity is more useful than free sarcasm...

And affirming seriously that a product which create some positive effect is a fraud because the created effect is not optimal is not an honest approach to a product to say the least... And it is a LIE if the person has never experiment the product...

EXAMPLE:
I correct my homemade tubular pipe "lensroom" with gluing to the now closed aperture some straw with definite diameter and lenght , making them bottles, to improve the answer of these primitive Helmholtz resonators to the specific acoustical content of my room....

I did not bash the product under the pretext that he is not optimal for my room (even if the effect was positive immediately a refinement was possible).....i at least try it before decreting an opinion... Perhaps you are "gifted" by the unborn quality of seeing, the infuse science like someone we know ? Not me....

Are you not in the list bit curious why so few of these tweakish things are never demonstrated by suppliers that they unequivocally make a sonic difference? It would be so easy to show and could do nothing but increase sales.

It is easy to answer.... If you sell a costly electronic piece of gear in audio, do you suggest to the customer who buy with big money that your speakers or amplifiers or even dac cannot work optimally if he does not take care very specifically of the vibrations and resonance, if he dont control the noise level of the electrical grid of his house and if he dont treat and controls the acoustical settings of the room?

In a word before sellling did you say to the customer that your product out of the box will not be optimal in his working?

Do you know a seller who bother himself and the customer to do that BEFORE each purchase or even AFTER?

Why do you think all threads are about UPGRADING the piece of gear? guess why? 😁

Is it difficult to you to figure it?

a clue:

Some people with a great amount of money dont bother themselves with these details, but without money this is the ONLY way to create a hi-fi experience at low cost....NONE other way....Anyway even costly audio systems need to be mechanically electrically and acoustically embed the best way possible...

We are not all like people who can afford a tool like a costly equalizer for example, we must do it by ears, and anyway the equalizer CANNOT solve all acoustic problem this is basic acoustic....But some ignore it especially if the toy or the tool cost thousand of dollars...

"Skeptic in North America, sceptic in the rest of the world and off planet."

I stand, actually sit, corrected to a significant extent.