What is the most memorable concert that you had attended so far?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6e/Nathan_Milstein.jpg

I do not go to concert very often, maybe once or twice a year.

I listen to music mostly through my audio system as much as 4 hours a day.

The most memorable concert that I had attended is the solo recital by Nathan Milstein held at Auditorium of UC Berkely on 1983.

He is one of the virtuoso violinist of the 20th century.

But he was 79 when he played at the recital on 1983.

When he played Partita by Bach, it was not his best.

Although he showed some of his skills, he could not keep up with the fast tempo as much as I wanted.

But as soon as he started playing "
César Franck, Violin Sonata in A Major.
".

I just marveled at the sweet sound of violin.

I could realize why he is one of the virtuoso violinist of the 20th century.

He died on 1992 so it is now impossible to attend his live recital again.

How about you ladies and gentlemen?

What is the most memorable concert that you had attended?
128x128shkong78
For me it is a toss up.

I saw REM at a small venue in around 1986. They were breaking into the big time but were not there yet. Amazing show.

Three weeks ago I saw a new band called The Struts. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen such an engaging, charismatic front man. The crowd was in a frenzy the whole show and he had us in the palm of his hand. I’m a stodgy, bookish 55 year old. I do not dance. I occasionally tap my foot. During this whole show I was clapping, waving my hands, singing loudly and jumping up and down.

Maybe the passage of time makes The Struts concert seem better in my mind than REM....but its a toss up.
On the plus side, Rolling Stones & Stevie Wonder at the Spectrum in Philadelphia, 1972. Mick & Stevie encore together on Satisfaction & Uptight.

On the minus side, David Bowie & Stereophonics at the Knight Center in Miami, 2004. Stagehand fell from above the stage to his death in plain view of the audience after Stereophonics. Bowie was canceled.

Both memorable for obvious reasons.

More recently, two shows, Wilco & Paco de Lucia, a month apart at the Fillmore Miami Beach, 2012. Both were superb. Haven’t seen anything close to those shows in the past few years.
So many.....
Just recently, Jeff Lynne at the Oracle in Oakland.
Van Morrison, every concert I’ve attended.
Janis Joplin circa 1968 at Pepperland in San Rafael.
The Rolling Stones 1975 The Cow Palace.
Roger McGuinn 2008 Mondavi Center.
@bdp24

You attended many nice ones.

When I was in Berkeley on 1980’s, I was listening to mostly classical music.

Thus I attended only classical concerts at that time.

But now I regret not having attended "Grateful Dead" concert held at Berkeley Pavilion. .

Ii would have been fun surrounded with colorful shirts